On 23rd of February, the meeting of the Industrial Efficiency Forum of the Pharmaceutical Industry took place at the Pfizer plant in San Sebastián de los Reyes (Madrid) with a representation of 20 laboratories and more than 30 participants during the session.
During the day, the first on-site meeting in a laboratory after the pandemic, we reviewed the status of each of the 8 working groups and their upcoming milestones:
- Quality and Purchasing: a day focused on the management of Supplier Approval.
- Sustainability: objective of organizing workshops for the exchange of experiences and the search for synergies around sustainability (Net Zero Objective).
- People: development of synergies between laboratories in the recruitment of personnel for the plants.
- Energy: tender for the recruitment of an energy consultant for the group.
- Supplier audits: monitoring of the group’s audit plan.
- Maintenance: update of the last session on gas supply risk management and contingency plans.
- Supply: relaunch of the group to share experiences on the management of the supply chain, the current difficulties, and future challenges.
In addition to the different sessions scheduled for each of the working groups, the next two Forum member sessions will be:
- May 2023, at Italfarmaco site, where the FDA and the aspects to be taken into account for the preparation of the plant certification will be discussed.
- October 2023, at Cinfa plant, where they will show us the new manufacturing plant and the integration of systems for efficient production and quality management.